Ah, one of my favourite holidays of the year, Easter … Just so happens to correspond with my absolute LOVE for chocolate, coincidence? So for this purpose I decided to get to baking even though I’m absolutely DIRE at baking, literally the worst.. It just runs in the family of terrible baking skills.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 185g of dark chocolate!
- 185g of unsalted butter
- 85g of plain flour
- 40g of cocoa powder.. Not hot chocolate powder.. I tried it
- 3 large eggs (I used 4 medium)
- 275g of caster sugar
- CADBURY CREAM EGGS! As many as you like, they get pressed into the mix.
Okay, let’s get straight to it
- Preheat your oven to whatever cooking setting is best for you.. I just turned mine on and hoped for the best.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate together and let it cool
- Whilst it’s cooling break your eggs into a bowl and mix with your sugar and mix (preferably with an electric whisk) until you get a slightly thick milkshake consistancy!
- Pour the cooled chocolate mix into the creamy eggy milkshake like mix and FOLD them together, don’t go all crazy whisking them together like a mad man.. Unless you life live on the wild side
- Sieve the flower and cocoa powder into your mixture and again, fold.. Folding is key!
- Grab a baking tin and line it with baking paper, it makes life a hell of a lot easier when it comes to getting the brownies out! And pour your mixture into the tin
- Pop the mix into the oven for 15 minutes
- Whilst that’s doing its thang in the oven grab your cream eggs and cut them into halves.. Or quarters, whatever floats your boat
- After 15 mins grab your mixture and press your cream eggs into the mix wherever you like!
- Pop the tray back into the oven for another 10/15 mins until complete!
- Using oven gloves grab your hot tray of heavenly goods and set to cool before cutting and serving!
- Congrats, you are now a brownie making master!
I hope everyone enjoys their Easter break! That’s all from me for now! Xx